Data Privacy Notice
The Lions Club of New Milton (hereafter called the ‘Club’) is dedicated to maintaining both a high standard of privacy and a high standard of data protection in all of our activities.
What We Do
We support charities and people in need, and organise social events for our members.
Where We Operate
In and around New Milton, Lymington, Brockenhurst and Lyndhurst.
Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer and the Club Secretary generally manage data, supported by various other members of the Club. The data may be distributed to other members of the Club, but they all commit to limiting its use as defined in this document.
Data We Keep
We may keep the following personal information:
1. Members: name, address, email address, telephone numbers, gender, partner’s name, bank details, date of joining the Club and photographs. Unless otherwise requested we may also keep personal information on past members and/or their spouses.
2. Useful contacts (e.g. helpers, suppliers, stallholders, charity representatives): name, address, email address, telephone number, photographs
3. People in need (e.g. recipients of donations): name, address, email address, telephone numbers
Personal information may be stored on members’ computers and smartphones and/or on paper
Use of Your Data
We will only use the personal information as follows:
1. Members: for communicating about Club matters, and we may distribute it to other Club members, to Lions Club International and/or other Lions Clubs. Photographs may be used for publicity and/or illustrating our website
Useful contacts: for general
communication. Photographs may be used for publicity
and/or illustrating our website 3.
People in need: for offering
help and assistance
3. People in need: for offering help and assistance
Sharing of Data
We will keep personal information securely on paper and/or computers and servers within the UK and not pass it to third parties without the owner’s permission.
Access To Data
- We will only process the data for your legitimate interests hence do not require your consent.
- You may request a copy of your personal information from the Secretary on request.
- You may withdraw consent to use some or all of your personal information.
- You may request removal of some or all of your personal information.
- We will respond to any such requests within 14 days. Should we refuse any request you will be given the reason.
Should you be dissatisfied with our use of your personal information and we have not responded to your satisfaction, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or visit their website ico.org.uk/concerns for advice.
The Lions Club of New Milton
Telephone: 0845 833 9543